Sunday, February 27, 2011

Who the hell is Jacq?

I know there are so many people out there blogging away so one might stop and think who is Jacq and what is this list?

I'm not going to divulge a lot of personal information here so I'm just going to explain what I'm doing.

I have always been a lists person. Writing down what needed to be done, or bought etc. Here and there over the years I had thought about what I would want to do before I died, accomplishments and goals. You know the deal..we've all been there. But I'd never made a bucket list or ever really went about actually doing them.

A year or so ago I was really inspired by the show "The Burried Life" on MTV and decided to make a list. Probably the most important list I've made, and I don't know why it took til now to make it. So I sat down and the list was written; and every once in a while I add to it. But what made this different was that I was making an effort. That's what changed for me. I was making a concious effort to do the things on my list.

I decided that I would write down my experiences, why I had done them and what had changed for me afterward. Every accomplishment gave me such an elated feeling and more confidence in myself. I wanted to share that with people. Knowing that facing fears or crashing and burning can let you learn so much more about yourself and what you can do. And on top of that they are a bit of comic relief for everyone.

So that's what you guys are getting. My experiences. I'm not going to show you the list and they wont be accomplished every week or even every month. But the most important is that they are accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment